Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Long Short While Ago

This day almost passed by unremarkably. It rained, I had dinner and great conversation with a friend I hadn't caught up with in a while. Then something earlier this evening sparked my memory that this day two years ago I was spending my last night in France in Toulouse with Emily.

We had spent the day visiting Carcasonne and after dinner in Toulouse we went for a walk and ended up sitting along the bank of the Garonne river. Emily took the photo above and I think it captures the reflective mood of the evening. I was sad to be leaving, but at the same time I felt ready to be going home.

I cherish the memories of my all-too-brief sojourn in France. These days when I recall a specific memory I can't believe it's been two years since I've been back.

(Photo by Emily)

No comments: